2017 Research Symposium
2nd International Research Symposium – ICART/IITA
On behalf of co-hosts, International Center for Advanced Research and Training (ICART) and The International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA), we are pleased to invite you to participate and network at the 2nd International Research Symposium in Bukavu, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), 17-19 Aug 2017. Take some time to review the initial program and please register for the conference. We can not wait to see you all!!
Themes for the 2017 conference considered within the context of post-conflict or other resources restricted settings:
- Food Security and Nutrition
- Infectious and Diarrheal Diseases
- Health and Social Consequences for Women
- Ecological and Environmental Impacts on Health
PREVIEW OF ICART 2017 SYMPOSIUM PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- To build on the synergies begun at the 2014 ICART symposium, which offered its first forum for disseminating exemplary scientific/scholarly communications on research
- To maximize opportunities for face-to-face interactions with highly qualified international researchers and beginning scholars/scientists
- To deepen collaborative interactions between symposium participants’ research institutions. To maximize the International Center for Advanced Research and Training and its institutional partners’ visibility and potential for highest impact within and outside of the eastern region of Africa.
- To share IITA’s contribution to agriculture and nutrition through science and development.
Operationalizing the Objectives: We will emphasize content expertise areas around the interacting themes to operationalize the symposium objectives, using both oral and poster presentation, a writing workshop embedded into the symposium timeframe, and multiple opportunities for networking.