2017 Research Symposium
2nd International Research Symposium – ICART/IITA
Thank you to all who participated, helped, listened and shared your ideas. We couldn’t have such a wonderful and meaningful research symposium without you! On behalf of co-hosts, International Center for Advanced Research and Training (ICART) and The International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA), we thank you for attending the 2nd International Research Symposium in Bukavu, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), 17-19 Aug 2017. We look forward to the next symposium! In the meantime, get your copy of the final 2017 program by clicking on the button below to download a PDF.
Themes for the 2017 conference considered within the context of post-conflict or other resources restricted settings:
- Food Security and Nutrition
- Infectious and Diarrheal Diseases
- Health and Social Consequences for Women
- Ecological and Environmental Impacts on Health
PREVIEW OF ICART 2017 SYMPOSIUM PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- To build on the synergies begun at the 2014 ICART symposium, which offered its first forum for disseminating exemplary scientific/scholarly communications on research
- To maximize opportunities for face-to-face interactions with highly qualified international researchers and beginning scholars/scientists
- To deepen collaborative interactions between symposium participants’ research institutions. To maximize the International Center for Advanced Research and Training and its institutional partners’ visibility and potential for highest impact within and outside of the eastern region of Africa.
- To share IITA’s contribution to agriculture and nutrition through science and development.
Operationalizing the Objectives: We will emphasize content expertise areas around the interacting themes to operationalize the symposium objectives, using both oral and poster presentation, a writing workshop embedded into the symposium timeframe, and multiple opportunities for networking.