2017 Research Symposium
2nd International Research Symposium
We are pleased to announce that co-hosts International Center for Advanced Research and Training (ICART) and The International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA) are organizing the 2nd International Research Symposium in Bukavu, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), 17-19 Aug 2017.
Submitted abstracts are currently under review by the Scientific Review Committee. Notifications of determination will be communicated towards the end of June, early July.
Registration information and additional logistics are coming soon!
Themes for the 2017 conference considered within the context of post-conflict or other resources restricted settings:
- Food Security and Nutrition
- Infectious and Diarrheal Diseases
- Health and Social Consequences for Women
- Ecological and Environmental Impacts on Health
PREVIEW OF ICART 2017 SYMPOSIUM PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- To build on the synergies begun at the 2014 ICART symposium, which offered its first forum for disseminating exemplary scientific/scholarly communications on research
- To maximize opportunities for face-to-face interactions with highly qualified international researchers and beginning scholars/scientists
- To deepen collaborative interactions between symposium participants’ research institutions. To maximize the International Center for Advanced Research and Training and its institutional partners’ visibility and potential for highest impact within and outside of the eastern region of Africa.
- To share IITA’s contribution to agriculture and nutrition through science and development.
Operationalizing the Objectives: We will emphasize content expertise areas around the interacting themes to operationalize the symposium objectives, using both oral and poster presentation, a writing workshop embedded into the symposium timeframe, and multiple opportunities for networking.